A College Kitchen Guide: NICE (SPICE!!!) RACK

my mom's is bigger

One of the best Christmas gifts I ever received was a FULLY LOADED spice rack. I moved into my first apartment just before the New Year, our celebrations were very well seasoned! You can see in my photo that we've run low on a few, but trust me there are plenty of spares. It didn't include everything on this list, but it gave us a great start and reminded us to pick up some herb when we went out. Canoe and camping trips really made me realize how important it is to not forget the spices at base. Nor should the wars fought for them be underestimated! Maybe that's why grocery stores package them nicely and charge a nice tax. I hate paying for spices, partially because of their sordid history, so I often find myself pocketing them on the way to the cash! How's that for spicy?!

Essential Herbs and Spices

  • All spice
  • Basil
  • Bay leaves
  • Black pepper
  • Celery salt
  • Chili powder
  • Garlic powder
  • Ginger
  • Cumin
  • Nutmeg
  • Cinnamon
  • Cloves
  • Curry powder
  • Dry mustard
  • Onion salt
  • Oregano
  • Paprika
  • Parsley flakes
  • Cardamom pods (whole or ground)
  • Tarragon
  • Thyme
  • Turmeric
  • Cayenne pepper
  • Chives
  • Cilantro flakes
  • Rosemary
  • Dill
  • Sage
  • Savory


No comments:

Post a Comment