- 1 Oz or 28 grams of pure B.C. shakey cheech (if you aren't fortunate enough to have access to B.C. bud other cheeches are fine, but I worked with broken up bud shake, and not stems of leafs.)
- 1 lb or 450g-500g of non-salted butter or ghee. I say non-salted because I will be baking and extra salt isn't always called for. I also used ghee because there is no water and so the THC is absorbed/distributed more fully.
- 2 cups water
- Cheese cloth
- Coffee grinder or food processor or hand grinder (necessary to rip your weed into flour)
- Plastic tupperware large enough to hold two cups of water and your butter
- Rubber bands
- Plastic gloves
Cannabis is also smoked ritualistically in cigarettes and pipes!
Part I - Dissolving
- Pour the two cups of water into your slow cooker and turn it on high. The butter will melt in the hot water and prevent any of the butter or THC burning off.
- Using your food processor or coffee grinder chop the weed until it is extra fine and powdery.
- Cut your butter or ghee into cubes, and when the water in your slow cooker is hot (20 minutes?) Melt the butter in the crock pot. Let butter melt completely, stirring to help remove any chunks
- Combine grass flour and butter and stir in well. Make sure to scrape the crystal kief off the sides of the food processor or grinder.
- Turn slow cooker on high for 1 hour. After one hour, change to low setting and let sit for no more than 24 hours. We left it on over night (a total of 15 hours) and it stank up the house, but is incredibly potent.
Part II - Buttering
- You now have a dark mess of dank green fat. You need to filter out the plant material to get the good stuff.
- Fold cheesecloth over itself until it can serve as a filter.
- Place folded cheesecloth over tupperware and affix using elastic bands.
- Pour pot butter through cheesecloth into the tupperware.
- When the butter has stopped dripping through, remove cheesecloth and squeeze out the remaining butter wearing your rubber gloves.
- Reattach cheesecloth and pour remaining liquid and squeeze again. Discard useless dope.
- Spatula and collect all the butter, put a lid on the tupperware and store in the fridge until solid.
- When the butter has risen and solidified on top of the water, use a knife to cut out the mass of green butter. Throw out the nasty swamp butter. You can keep in your fridge or freezer for as long as your original brick of butter to use at well!
I would test out your serving suggestion by teaspoon and work your way up from there. You want to cook with about 0.5grams of grass per serving, so this recipe should make almost 60 servings by my calculations (and I assure you they are not extensive). I think it would even be possible to combine infected butter with clean butter for larger recipes or if you want to spread it out. Since the THC is ready to go, you can simply enjoy a slice of green toast and jam!